Thursday 21 October 2010

Lesson One: no school ain't all that bad

When I went into college, I had a plan. I was going to be a Business major, find some nice Christian boy, and live happily ever after. It came as a shock to me when those evil business t.a.'s, (who must have had a personal grudge against me) graded my test harder than the other students. Because that's how it works, right? And I failed. To avoid having a dreaded "F" on my transcript, I dropped out of the class and vowed to never take another business class. This would make it difficult to be a Business major. So I switched my major... to Education... then Psychology... until I finally landed on English, which is a lesson of its own!
Why did I tell you all of this? Well, it brings us to lesson one: don't be afraid to take a year off after high school. In fact, take two! Or three! Maybe, don't go at all! While you will not find all the answers at 18 years old, it will give you a chance to reevaluate your life and figure out your passions. Remember: this life, is YOUR life. Just because your parents expect you to go, doesn't mean you have to. After all, you are 18... and an adult. That was my favorite line, anyway.
I end this entry with a quote:
"It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop." -Confucius

No comments:

Post a Comment